Since 99% of my life is Riley, I'll start by updating his stats!
9 months old:
+ weight 19.07lbs- 21% (skinny)
+ length 29.53in- 83% (tall)
+ head 18.9in- 97% (Tadd)
His head is GINORMOUS! Sometimes when we are playing with his cousin Eva, I look at their heads and I can totally tell the difference.. then I'm self-conscience for a split second. But then I look at him by himself, and he smiles at me with his gorgeous dimples, and I don't notice as much and I feel better.
He does all kinds of new things now. He has been crawling like a champ for 3 months now (but I can't remember what you all know, so just go with me on this), he pulls himself up on furniture, stands on his tippy toes to reach for things, cruises along anything that can support his weight, and free stands while he plays patty cake. Then he realizes he is standing, and sits down quickly. We are working on his confidence with that. He is starting to show preferences towards people. He almost always will choose me over everyone else (I have to enjoy it now because I know it won't last), but doesn't 'willingly' go to strangers unless I plop him in their arms, then he is fine. He also knows how to make Indian sounds (tapping the back of his hand against his mouth like an Indian would) all on his own. He claps his hands whenever anyone else does. He says mama ALL THE TIME. He hums to music, or back and forth with someone if you hum at him first. Basically, he plays copy-cat really well. He just recently started 'silent laughing'. He gets a HUGE grin on his face, and sucks air in and out of his nose.
Ok, this is kind of a scary picture, but it gives you a visual of his new funny face. And forgive the trailer-trash white tee as Trav calls it, but it is matched with SUPER cute camo shorts.Riley will most likely start walking soon, but until then, he is a little rocket on the floor. Usually he crawls normal, but lately he has been doing half crawl on his knees, and half crawl on his toes. But it isn't one or the other, it's literally half, one knee on the ground, the other legs on his toes. It's pretty hilarious.
He eats everything under the sun. He rejects nothing. His new favorites are chicken chunks and Cafe Rio sweet pork. This kid LOVES meat. Not like you could tell from his weight, but he can pack it down.
We are still nursing.. I'm trying to make it to 1 year, but as you can tell from his picture, he has 2 new teeth. For the first little while he never bit me, but now that his top 2 teeth are coming in, he is a little chomper! If I'm sitting on the floor with him, he will crawl over, and just bite my toes, or my knee, or my arm! While we were in Lake Powell, he kept biting my collar bone like a vampire!
But like I said, this kid LOVES meat lol. All kinds apparently.That's all the new things I can think of.. OH! He can throw a ball, and then I'll roll it back, and he will throw it to me. He LOVES balls. So I'm thinking for his first birthday, it will be a sports/balls theme.
Trav just finished his HCG shots the beginning of August. He lost almost 60lbs! He is starting at the police academy in January, so now we are working on getting into physical shape! We walk every night with our little family, and I hope this gets my chubby self to loose 60 lbs as well (I wish).
I promise I will continue to be better at blogging! I still have July 4th, Seattle, St. George, and Lake Powell to post. So stay tuned!
P.S I have my Twitter updates uploading to this page.. so if you really want to know whats going on in my life and I'm not posting new things, check out my Tweets!






5 comments:
yay! I have been waiting for an update :). Riley is adorable and it sounds like he is keeping you very busy. I wish I could have come up with my mom and callie to catch up with you.
What a doll! And don't worry my child is right with you and the BIG HEAD CLUB!!!!! He is always in the 90% plus!!!! Runs in our family for sure. Great to get an update from you! Hope this finds you well.
He is adorable and I can not believe that he is getting so old! Both of my nephews have big heads and I think it is so CUTE! I am glad to see a new post:)
He is sooooo adorable!!
Im glad to see you back on :)
Post a Comment