It started out with an Easter egg hunt in Springville. I had pictured a field full of cute plastic eggs that we would get great pictures with, and just give the candy to Bey and Lily, but when we got there, they had skipped the eggs all together and just threw candy on the field :( What is Riley going to do with a basket full of candy?

Lucky for us, he has a great Dad, who may, or may not have, pushed a couple kids out of the way to get to one of few eggs on the field which had a sticker for a special prize. We got this silly bunny the size of our child! At first, I felt bad that we took away the chance for another kid to win a prize, but I made up for it by donating the bunny to my neighbor who was collecting toys for Children's Hospital, so don't judge me people!

After the hunt, Trav went golfing, and I did some much needed shopping. Of course I don't buy myself anything, I only buy things for Riley and Trav like I always do (why DO I do that?). Until Trav called and said we got our tax return, then I may of gotten a few things for myself :)
That night we went to dinner with our family from out of town, and Casey told the waitress (in Spanish) that it was Natalie's birthday when it wasn't.. she didn't even see that sombrero coming lol But Ryan saved the day by putting it on, instead of her.

Sunday morning we got all dressed up in our best, and went to church. I think I have a serious problem. I'm addicted to 'human clothes' as I like to call them. Why do ALL baby clothes have to have a teddy bear, or puppy dog, or duck on it? Why can't it just be a normal t-shirt! So when I find things, I go crazy. Church clothes are my biggest weakness. And that is no clip on, that tie went all the way around and snapped in the back! I'm very proud of his Easter outfit, he looked like a stud!

After church we had dinner, and then opened Easter baskets from all the family. I don't know why Riley was even put in this situation.. Trav's family thinks they are so funny, but my kid is no girl, and to me, that was walking a fine line. I'm sure many of you think I'm over reacting, but I'm the mom! So I get the final say.. and I made them take it off, after a few pictures of course, only because Eva is too cute (and I just can't get over that they are holding hands).

We may have gone a little over-board, but it's his first Easter, and we needed a good excuse to get him a few things since he will soon be turning 6 months.


Finally we finished up with our own Easter egg hunt. The girls were taking it real serious, and we grabbed a couple eggs, just to be included.



It was a big full weekend of activities! I'm glad our first Easter was soo much fun






5 comments:
Riley looks so cute in his outfit. You did a good job. I love getting church clothes for Jonathan too. They make baby boys look so handsome! He's growing up. I love the picture of him with that bunny. What a smile!
I agree! Lil boy clothes should be lil boyish... for this summer the walmart line granimals, has super basic tees and shorts for easy days at home!
He is just so stinking CUTE! I am glad that you had a good Easter.
I'm the same when it comes to clothes. I don't buy anything that has a character on it. I think it's cheesy!
Holy crap! He is so cute! Becca has shown me a few pics... what a photogenic little cutie!! :)
Post a Comment