Ronnie was so good with, made him look at the camera and everything! I was at work when Trav text me and told me they went, I was SO excited, I couldn't wait to get home and see.Also, a couple weeks ago, again, while I was at work, (I miss all the fun stuff) Trav took Riley to his first Hunting Expo. I got him ready, and surprised Daddy with his Chuck Norris t-shirt and camo hoodie.


Riley is officially 5 months now, and it seems like he is growing up so fast! I posted the video of him rolling over, but since then, he has taught himself to roll back over onto his back. At first it was very scary to him, but now he is working out the kinks, and almost has it mastered. The scary part for mom is, we still have no carpet down, and every time I look over, he is somewhere else licking concrete or something (not really, I'm a better mom then that). So me and my sister Becca got online and found a carpet place selling their remnants for super cheap because they were relocating. Only problem was, my Camry can't hold 12x12 roll of carpet, with my child, or even without my child.
Well, Becca has this amazingly nice roommate with a smaller SUV, and she said we could borrow it to pick up carpet, if I decided I liked it. But we had to trade cars with her. So I took me and my kid down to Thanksgiving Point, and Becca met us there, and she left her VW, and took the SUV. At the carpet place I found this HUGE 14x12 remnant that was really high quality, and they sold the whole thing to me for $50! Now we just had to fit it in the car. We go it in, after some tricky work, and got it all pack away and we were ready to leave. I was getting Riley ready, Becca was talking to the sales lady, and then, all of a sudden, Becca says 'where are my keys?' I remembered seeing them in the back by where we were pushing the carpet in, and when I was doing my 'tricky work' I accidentally locked the doors, but we had already shut the truck. It was too late. WE WERE TOTALLY LOCKED OUT! IN OREM! And Becca didn't have her phone because it was in her purse on the front seat. SO, I had to call Becca's house number and pray that her other roommate Jenny was home, so she could give us Lani's number. After waiting about an hour, Lani left work early and came to save us. We took all the cars back to the house, dumped the carpet in the garage, and went out to eat to celebrate how ridiculous we were. After everything was over, I think we were out and about for 4 hours.. but at least I have carpet now! I still need to buy a carpet pad, so it isn't down in the basement yet, but it will be soon, and after it is, I'll post pictures. I'm so thankful that is all over with lol






1 comment:
That was an exciting day! Not one of my most proud moments. How could I have set those keys on the floor of the car?? Oh well, it turned out be a fun afternoon - I especially enjoyed leaving work early and watching Riley discover carpet. He loved digging his fingers into it :)
Post a Comment